Open Access(OA) describes the online, free public access to scholarly literature. Until very recently this has been only available to the reader through subscriptions or affiliation with an institution that pays subscription fees. Open Access changes all of that by providing immediate, free, global access to scholarly works.
- Purdue Libraries Celebrating Open Access Week (Oct. 23-29)
- Open Access Advocate to Speak at Purdue University Libraries Jan. 26
- Purdue University Press Book Previews
- Scholarly Publishing Celebrates 8th Annual Open Access Week
- Andew W. Mellon Foundation awards $750,000 to ‘Grand Challenges’ research, publishing at Purdue
Information for authors about their copyright related to open sharing and working with publishers for better dissemination of their work. Go to Author Rights.
Text for Publishing Go to OA Publishing.
Benefits of OA @Purdue
In-depth description of the benefits of open access - benefits to the individual scholars who choose to share his/her work, as well as to Purdue, the citizens of Indiana and globally. View Benefits.