Open Access(OA) describes the online, free public access to scholarly literature. Until very recently this has been only available to the reader through subscriptions or affiliation with an institution that pays subscription fees. Open Access changes all of that by providing immediate, free, global access to scholarly works.
- Purdue Libraries Establishes Open Access Fund to Support Purdue Researchers’ OA Publishing Pursuits
- Purdue Faculty Recognized for Contributions to Open Access Publishing
- Libraries to Offer Sessions on Open Access Publishing During Open Access Week Oct. 22-28
- Predatory Publishing and Purdue Faculty: What You Need to Know
- Johns Hopkins Libraries Dean to Present “Research Infrastructure for Open Scholarship” April 26 in Stewart Center
Information for authors about their copyright related to open sharing and working with publishers for better dissemination of their work. Go to Author Rights.
Open Access Publishing
For more information on Open Access publishing support for the Purdue community: Go to OA Publishing.
Benefits of OA @Purdue
In-depth description of the benefits of open access - benefits to the individual scholars who choose to share his/her work, as well as to Purdue, the citizens of Indiana and globally. View Benefits.
Information for authors on data management planning and data publishing. Go to Research Data.