Employment Opportunities

Faculty Openings

No openings at this time

Management Professional Openings

No openings at this time

Administrative Professional Openings

Associate Systems Engineer - Req. 15845

Systems Engineer - Req. 15952

Marketing and Publicity Associate - Req. 16143

Business and Data Librarian - Req. 16277

Clerical Service Openings

Library Assistant (VetMd) - Req. 16064

Library Assistant (HSSE) - Req. 16066

Associate Administrative Assistant - Req. 16110

Library Assistant (ILL) - Req. 16213

Student Employee Openings

Graduate Assistantships

If you are applying for a graduate assistantship, you don't need to fill out the application. Graduate students should send their resume to If there are positions available, the hiring managers will review applications and contact applicants directly.

Prospective Student Employees

Most of the student positions within Purdue Libraries are Federal Work-Study (FWS). This is a federally funded financial aid program designed to help students meet educational costs through the use of part-time employment. FWS students will be considered for employment at Libraries before students not on the FWS program. It is not impossible, but unlikely, that you will be hired if you are not part of the FWS program. A notable exception to the FWS preference is Libraries IT Helpdesk. Student workers for the Helpdesk are hired because of their IT skills not their FWS status.

It is important that you know if you have been awarded FWS as part of your financial aid package. That information can be found on your Financial Aid Award Letter or on the online Financial Aid Self Service system at If you are not a FWS student, you can still apply to Libraries. Just mark the appropriate box on the application form.

To Apply

Click here to apply