Who may obtain a library-issued patron card
- Indiana residents (with proof of residency)
- Spouses of West Lafayette faculty, staff or students
- Faculty at an Indiana ALI institution, CIC-participating institution, or OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program particiants
- Faculty, staff, or students from Purdue regional campuses
- Purdue conference attendees
- Purdue continuing education students
- Alumni from West Lafayette campus
- Students from other Indiana colleges or universities
- Students from participating CIC institutions
- Corporations located in Indiana (proxy)
With the exception of proxies, patrons may only have one active library card at a time. The patron to whom a card is issued is the only person authorized to use it; patrons should not lend their cards to others.
Where can I apply for a card?
Obtain your visitor privilege card from any school or departmental library or at the Circulation Services office (Room G849) in the Hicks Undergraduate Library (UGRL). Privilege cards are valid for one year and may be renewed upon request by borrowers in good standing.
Patrons are responsible for:
- Having an active visitor Card to check out any material
- Renewing or returning all material by the due date
- Reading and responding to all library notices promptly
- Notifying the Libraries if their Visitor Card is lost or stolen
- Paying any fines or fees for late return or non-return of library materials checked out on their Visitor Card
- Notifying the Libraries of a change in address, including e-mail
- Contacting the libraries if material charged on their Visitor Card is lost or stolen
Visitors are eligible to check out most books in the general circulating collection. Other material such as media, reference books, and journals may be consulted on site.
- Core loan items are due back in three weeks
- Media may be viewed within the library only
- Recalled material: due 10 after a recall is placed
Core loan materials may be renewed three times. How to renew:
- Online in "My Library Account"
- By phone (765) 494-0369
- In person at the circulation desk of any Purdue West Lafayette campus library
Returning library materials
Books can be returned to any Purdue West Lafayette campus library or adjacent book drop. Items may also returned by US mail to:
Purdue University Libraries - CIRC
504 W. State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2058
Reminders are sent one week prior to the item due date. An overdue notice will be sent one day after the due date. Failure to return or renew materials within 7 days of the due date will result in the assessment of a $15 processing fee per item plus the replacement cost for each item.
For billing inquiries:
Contact Circulation Services at (765) 494-0369 or email@example.com