Purdue's new Thomas S. and Harvey D. Wilmeth Active Learning Center's innovative design and 24/7 accessibility encourage students to learn according to their own personalities and preferences.
G.R.I.P. (Graduate Research Information Portal) An information portal for graduate students about the services and resources available at Purdue University Libraries.
Video express on the Life Sciences Library 4th floor is open to Purdue faculty, staff and students. Click here for information and to schedule the video express. Students are welcome to reserve the video express rooms located in the Siegsemund Engineering Library, in the Potter building, Life Sciences Library in Lily Hall, and soon in the Parrish Library in the Krannert building.
- Nutritional Freshwater Life
- "Supplying sustenance for millions of the poorest people in the world, freshwater flora and fauna also contribute to overall economic well-being by means of export commodity trade, tourism, and recreation."
- The Landscape Architecture of Richard Haag
- "Richard Haag is best known for his rehabilitation of Gas Works Park in Seattle and for a series of remarkable gardens at the Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island. He reshaped the field of landscape architecture as a designer, teacher, and activist. In 1964, Haag founded the landscape architecture department at the University of Washington, and his innovative work contributed to the increasingly significant design approach known as urban ecological design, which encourages thinking beyond the boundaries of gardens and parks to consider the broader roles that landscapes play within urban ecosystems, such as storm water drainage and wildlife habitat."
- Landscape Architecture: an Introduction
- "Aimed at prospective and new students, this book gives a comprehensive introduction to the nature and practise of landscape architecture, the professional skills required and the latest developments. "
- Landscape Professional Practice
- "Graduate of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew Chartered Landscape Architect, MBA and Barrister, Gordon Rowland Fraser draws upon 30 years of project management, professional practice and teaching experience to provide an uncomplicated and intuitive guide to the business aspects of the landscape profession."
- Women Garden Designers: 1900 to the Present
- "Presents twenty-seven of the most important and influential women garden designers and their gardens from around the world."
- Landscape and Urban Design for Health and Well-Being: Using Healing, Sensory and Therapeutic Gardens
- "Using Principles from sensory, therapeutic and healing gardens, Souter-Brown focuses on landscape's ability to affect health, education and economic outcomes."
- Turfgrass Science and Management
- "Featuring green environmental practices and current information from recognized leaders in the field, the fifth edition of TURFGRASS SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT invites you into the thriving turfgrass industry."
- Greenhouse Design and Control
- "This book deals with different types of greenhouses, materials, structures, advanced control techniques and tendencies that are needed for designing and controlling an advanced greenhouse." This book is also available in ebook format.
About the Library
Lilly Hall of Life Sciences Rm. 2400
915 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2058
Purdue University Libraries - LIFE
504 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Located in Lilly Hall of Life Sciences (LILY)
- Access to the libraries resources from nineteen ITaP computers
- Quiet study and group study areas available
- Small conference room available by reservation (765-494-2910)
- Research assistance is available at the information desk and with library faculty by appointment
- The library offers 3 floors of quiet study and group study space