Purdue's new Thomas S. and Harvey D. Wilmeth Active Learning Center's innovative design and 24/7 accessibility encourage students to learn according to their own personalities and preferences.
G.R.I.P. (Graduate Research Information Portal) An information portal for graduate students about the services and resources available at Purdue University Libraries.
Video express on the Life Sciences Library 4th floor is open to Purdue faculty, staff and students. Click here for information and to schedule the video express. Students are welcome to reserve the video express rooms located in the Siegsemund Engineering Library, in the Potter building, Life Sciences Library in Lily Hall, and soon in the Parrish Library in the Krannert building.
- Representing Landscapes: Digital
- "In each chapter, leading lecturers, professors and practitioners in the field of landscape architecture explain a specific digital approach with the use of images from their department to show how each technique can be used in inspirational examples."
- Therapeutic Gardens: Design for Healing Spaces
- "More than ever before, landscape architects, garden designers, and healthcare professionals are asked to create gardens that meet the physical, psychological, emotional and social needs of a wide range of user groups."
- Plans and Views of Public Parks
- "Lavishly illustrated with over 470 images―129 of them in color―this book reveals Frederick Law Olmsted’s design concepts for more than seventy public park projects through a rich collection of sketches, studies, lithographs, paintings, historical photographs, and comprehensive descriptions"
- Bioinformatics Data Skills
- "Learn the data skills necessary for turning large sequencing datasets into reproducible and robust biological findings"
- Nutritional Freshwater Life
- "Supplying sustenance for millions of the poorest people in the world, freshwater flora and fauna also contribute to overall economic well-being by means of export commodity trade, tourism, and recreation."
- The Landscape Architecture of Richard Haag
- "Richard Haag is best known for his rehabilitation of Gas Works Park in Seattle and for a series of remarkable gardens at the Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island. He reshaped the field of landscape architecture as a designer, teacher, and activist. In 1964, Haag founded the landscape architecture department at the University of Washington, and his innovative work contributed to the increasingly significant design approach known as urban ecological design, which encourages thinking beyond the boundaries of gardens and parks to consider the broader roles that landscapes play within urban ecosystems, such as storm water drainage and wildlife habitat."
- Landscape Architecture: an Introduction
- "Aimed at prospective and new students, this book gives a comprehensive introduction to the nature and practise of landscape architecture, the professional skills required and the latest developments. "
- Landscape Professional Practice
- "Graduate of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew Chartered Landscape Architect, MBA and Barrister, Gordon Rowland Fraser draws upon 30 years of project management, professional practice and teaching experience to provide an uncomplicated and intuitive guide to the business aspects of the landscape profession."
About the Library
Lilly Hall of Life Sciences Rm. 2400
915 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2058
Purdue University Libraries - LIFE
504 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Located in Lilly Hall of Life Sciences (LILY)
- Access to the libraries resources from nineteen ITaP computers
- Quiet study and group study areas available
- Small conference room available by reservation (765-494-2910)
- Research assistance is available at the information desk and with library faculty by appointment
- The library offers 3 floors of quiet study and group study space