Purdue's new Thomas S. and Harvey D. Wilmeth Active Learning Center's innovative design and 24/7 accessibility encourage students to learn according to their own personalities and preferences.
G.R.I.P. (Graduate Research Information Portal) An information portal for graduate students about the services and resources available at Purdue University Libraries.
Video express on the Life Sciences Library 4th floor is open to Purdue faculty, staff and students. Click here for information and to schedule the video express. Students are welcome to reserve the video express rooms located in the Siegsemund Engineering Library, in the Potter building, Life Sciences Library in Lily Hall, and soon in the Parrish Library in the Krannert building.
- Coffee Agroecology
- "Based on principles of the conservation of biodiversity and of equity and sustainability, this book focuses on the ecology of the coffee agroecoecosystem as a model for a sustainable agricultural ecosystem."
- Advances in Postharvest Fruit and Vegetable Technology
- "The postharvest handling of fresh fruits and vegetables plays a critical role in facilitating a continuous supply of high-quality fresh produce to the consumer."
- Community Seed Banks: Origins, Evolution and Prospects
- "Community seed banks first appeared towards the end of the 1980s, established with the support of international and national nongovernmental organizations. This book is the first to provide a global review of their development and includes a wide range of case studies."
- Seed Libraries and Other Means fo Keeping Seeds in the Hands of the People
- "Community-based initiatives to preserve and protect our food supply."
- Proactive Strategies for Protecting Species
- "This forward-thinking, innovative volume provides a road map for designing species conservation programs on the ground so they are effective and take place upstream of regulation, which will contribute to the reduction in lawsuits and other expenses that arise after a species is listed"
- Protecting the Wild: Parks and Wilderness, the Foundation for Conservation
- "Protecting the Wild offers a spirited argument for the robust protection of the natural world. In it, experts from five continents reaffirm that parks, wilderness areas, and other reserves are an in dispensable-albeit insufficient means to sustain species, subspecies, key habitats, ecological processes, and evolutionary potential."
- GIS Applications in Agriculture
- "GIS Applications in Agriculture, Volume Four: Conservation Planning presents approaches developed by leading researchers working a the intersection of conservation and spatial technologies."
- Management of Natural Resources in a Changing Environment
- "This book addresses issues related to sources of groundwater pollution such as arsenic, uranium, fluoride and their effects on human health. It discusses extensively the removal of heavy metals, arsenic and fluoride from drinking water."
About the Library
Lilly Hall of Life Sciences Rm. 2400
915 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2058
Purdue University Libraries - LIFE
504 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Located in Lilly Hall of Life Sciences (LILY)
- Access to the libraries resources from nineteen ITaP computers
- Quiet study and group study areas available
- Small conference room available by reservation (765-494-2910)
- Research assistance is available at the information desk and with library faculty by appointment
- The library offers 3 floors of quiet study and group study space