Purdue's new Thomas S. and Harvey D. Wilmeth Active Learning Center's innovative design and 24/7 accessibility encourage students to learn according to their own personalities and preferences. Visit the WALC website for updates.
G.R.I.P. (Graduate Research Information Portal) An information portal for graduate students about the services and resources available at Purdue University Libraries.
Video express on the Life Sciences Library 4th floor is open to Purdue faculty, staff and students. Click here for information and to schedule the video express. Students are welcome to reserve the video express rooms located in the Siegsemund Engineering Library, in the Potter building, Life Sciences Library in Lily Hall, and soon in the Parrish Library in the Krannert building.
Purdue updates model of West Lafayette campusThe new model displays new buildings and the latest landscaping features. The diorama replaces the 1957 model located in the Great Hall of Purdue Memorial.
- The Monster in the Garden
- "Monsters, grotesque creatures, and giants were frequently depicted in Italian Renaissance landscape design, yet they have rarely been studied."
- Japanese Garden: Symbolism and Design
- "This book not only gives an overview of the history and symbolism of gardens in Japan, but it also presents a Japanese perspective on the history, motivations and shortcomings of Japanese gardens built outside of Japan."
- Ideas of Chinese Gardens: Western Accounts, 1300-1860
- "Europeans may be said to have first encountered the Chinese garden in Marco Polo's narrative of his travels through the Mongol Empire and his years at the court of Kublai Khan."
- Turfgrass Science and Management
- "Featuring green environmental practices and current information from recognized leaders in the field, the fifth edition of Turfgrass Science and Management invites you into the thriving turfgrass industry."
- Compendium of Bioenergy Plants: Sugarcane
- "Basic concepts, strategies and the means for utilization of each of the leading bioenergy crops with current commercial potential are deliberated in the volumes under the series."
- Seed Inoculation, Coating and Precision Pelleting: Science, Technology and Practical Applications
- "New technological advancements followed such as coating of grass seed, precision pelleting of horticultural seed and chemical treatments assisting seedling establishment or plant health in specific conditions. "
- Climate Change and Agriculture: Implications for Global Food Security
- "One of the greatest challenges facing humankind is to minimize the impact of human-induced climate change on the agricultural production and also on the production from livestock, forestry and fisheries sectors."
- Global Change and the Challenges of Sustainably Feeding a Growing Planet
- "This book explores the fundamental determinants of long term changes in agricultural land use and the associated implications for environmental and food security." Online access available
About the Library
Lilly Hall of Life Sciences Rm. 2400
915 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2058
Purdue University Libraries - LIFE
504 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Located in Lilly Hall of Life Sciences (LILY)
- Access to the libraries resources from nineteen ITaP computers
- Quiet study and group study areas available
- Small conference room available by reservation (765-494-2910)
- Research assistance is available at the information desk and with library faculty by appointment
- The library offers 3 floors of quiet study and group study space