Purdue's new Thomas S. and Harvey D. Wilmeth Active Learning Center's innovative design and 24/7 accessibility encourage students to learn according to their own personalities and preferences. Visit the WALC website for updates.
G.R.I.P. (Graduate Research Information Portal) An information portal for graduate students about the services and resources available at Purdue University Libraries.
Video express on the Life Sciences Library 4th floor is open to Purdue faculty, staff and students. Click here for information and to schedule the video express. Students are welcome to reserve the video express rooms located in the Siegsemund Engineering Library, in the Potter building, Life Sciences Library in Lily Hall, and soon in the Parrish Library in the Krannert building.
Purdue updates model of West Lafayette campusThe new model displays new buildings and the latest landscaping features. The diorama replaces the 1957 model located in the Great Hall of Purdue Memorial.
- Global Change and the Challenges of Sustainably Feeding a Growing Planet
- "This book explores the fundamental determinants of long term changes in agricultural land use and the associated implications for environmental and food security."
- Wetland Soils: Genesis, Hydrology, Landscapes, and Classification
- "Wetland Soils: Genesis, Hydrology, Landscapes, and Classification second edition explains how wetland soils form, are described and can be identified in the field, and is an ideal resource for professionals, students, or anyone dedicated to the understanding and conservation of wetlands."
Agroecology: A Transdisciplinary, Participatory and Action-Oriented Approach
"Using a combined theoretical and practical approach, this collection of work from pioneers in the subject along with the latest generation of acknowledged leaders engages social actors on different geo-political scales to transform the global agrifood system"
|Nitrogen Metabolism in Rice
"The book is divided in ten chapters, elaborating on the steps of nitrogen assimilation and utilization in rice plant systems."
Nutrition and Growth Yearbook 2016
"An international team of experts presents papers that shed light on the mechanisms of interaction between nutrition and growth, and provide insight to the readers."
Polyamines in Fungi: Their Distribution, Metabolism, and Role in Cell Differentiation and Morphogenesis
"The book contains data on the distribution of polyamines, their physiological functions, mechanism of synthesis and regulation, phylogenetic analyses of the enzymes involved in their synthesis, their use as possible targets for the control of fungal diseases, and possible biotechnological and medical applications."
Phospho-Proteomics: Methods and Protocols
"This second edition provides up-to-date protocols focusing on techniques for the specific enrichment of phosphopeptides and phosphoproteins."
Animal Athletes: an Ecological and Evolutionary Approach
"Animals perform many athletic tasks to an amazing degree of accomplishment: not only spectacular feats of running and jumping but also routine actions that ensure survival such as feeding, vocalization, diving, flying and many more."
About the Library
Lilly Hall of Life Sciences Rm. 2400
915 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2058
Purdue University Libraries - LIFE
504 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Located in Lilly Hall of Life Sciences (LILY)
- Access to the libraries resources from nineteen ITaP computers
- Quiet study and group study areas available
- Small conference room available by reservation (765-494-2910)
- Research assistance is available at the information desk and with library faculty by appointment
- The library offers 3 floors of quiet study and group study space