G.R.I.P. (Graduate Research Information Portal) An information portal for graduate students about the services and resources available at Purdue University Libraries.
The video express on the Life Sciences Library 4th floor is open to Purdue faculty, staff and students. Click here for information and to schedule the video express.
- Turfgrass Science and Management
- "Turfgrass Science and Management is intended both for people who are presently working as turfgrass managers and for students-the turfgrass managers of the future."
- Phenological Synchrony and Bird Migration
- "Bird migration is a well-researched phenological event. However, few studies in North America have investigated the effects of climate change and extreme weather events on the relationships of migratory avian species and their seasonal resources."
- Navigating Metabolism
- " In a refreshing approach to the subject of metabolism, Navigating Metabolism provides a conceptual framework for navigating these pathways, showing how cells generate energy and synthesize cellular constituents and then further relating metabolic reactions to molecular, genetic, and signaling underpinnings."
- The Choanoflagellates: Evolution, Biology and Ecology
- "Choanoflagellates have three distinctive claims to fame: they are the closest, living, unicellular relatives of animals: they are a major component of aquatic microbial foodwebs; and one group is remarkable for its siliceous basket-like coverings."
- Introducing Genetics 2nd edition
- "Introducing Genetics provides an accessible introduction to the three key areas of genetics: Mendelian, Molecular and Population."
- Ecosystem Services: from Concept to Practice
- "Despite the growing popularity of the concept of ecosystem services, policy-makers and practitioners continue to struggle with the challenge of translating it into practice."
- Marine Biodiversity, Climatic Variability and Global Changes
- "Biodiversity loss in terrestrial environments associated with human activities has been appreciated as a major issue for some years now."
- Encyclopedia of Agriculture and Food Systems
- "The encyclopedia addresses important issues by examining topics of global agriculture and food systems that are key to understanding the challenges we face."
- Advances in Fermented Foods and Beverages
- "Fermentation is used in a wide range of food and beverage applications, and the technology for enhancing this process is continually evolving."
About the Library
Lilly Hall of Life Sciences Rm. 2400
915 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2058
Purdue University Libraries - LIFE
504 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Located in Lilly Hall of Life Sciences (LILY)
- Access to the libraries resources from nineteen ITaP computers
- Quiet study and group study areas available
- Small conference room available by reservation (765-494-2910)
- Research assistance is available at the information desk and with library faculty by appointment
- The library offers 3 floors of quiet study and group study space