Below is a list of GIS Books at Purdue Libraries. The list is organized into categories based on different GIS learning needs.
Getting to know GIS
- GIS basics
- GIS: A Visual Approach
- Concepts and Techniques of Geographic Information Systems
- Introduction to geographic information systems
- Key concepts & techniques in GIS
- GIS fundamentals : a first text on geographic information systems
- GIS basics
- GIS Cartography A Guide to Effective Map Design
- Making maps a visual guide to map design for GIS
- Basic GIS Coordinates
- GIS and public data
- GIS tutorial 1 : basic workbook : for ArcGIS 10.1
- GIS tutorial 2 : spatial analysis workbook
- GIS tutorial 3 : advanced workbook
- "Getting to know ArcGIS desktop : basics of ArcView, ArcEditor, and ArcInfo"
- PostGIS in action
- "GIS, spatial analysis, and modeling"
- Online GIS and spatial metadata[web based]
- Applied GIS and spatial analysis
- Using ArcGIS spatial analyst : GIS by ESRI
- Spatial data modelling for 3D GIS
- Spatial data analysis : an introduction for GIS users
- Geographical information systems and spatial optimization
- Spatial statistics : geospatial information modeling and thematic mapping
- Spatial analysis and modeling in geographical transformation process GIS-based applications
- "Advances in web-based GIS, mapping services and applications"
- Web mapping illustrated
- "Beginning Google Maps mashups with mapplets, KML, and GeoRSS : from novice to professional"
- Beginning Google maps applications with PHP and Ajax from novice to professional
- GIS tutorial for Python scripting
- A Python primer for ArcGIS
- Python geospatial development build a complete and sophisticated mapping application from scratch using Python tools forGIS development
- Python scripting for ArcGIS
- Open source GIS : a GRASS GIS approach
- Beginning MapServer open source GIS development
- Desktop GIS : mapping the planet with open source tools
- Geography mark-up language (GML)
- "Getting to know ArcObjects : programming ArcGIS with VBA : for ESRI ArcView, ArcEditor, and ArcInfo"
- Programming ArcObjects with VBA : a task-oriented approach
- Avenue wraps : Avenue Wrap-Arounds for ArcObjects : a guide for converting Avenue scripts into VB/VBA code
Open Source Development
GIS across Disciplines
- Exploring environmental science with GIS : an introduction to environmental mapping and analysis
- GIS for environmental management
- "GIS, Environmental Modeling and Engineering"
- GIS for environmental decision-making
- GIS in the classroom : using geographic information systems in social studies and environmental science
- Spatial uncertainty in ecology : implications for remote sensing and GIS applications
- Applied environmental economics : a GIS approach to cost-benefit analysis
- Arc hydro : GIS for water resources
- "GIS applications for water, wastewater, and stormwater systems"
- "GIS tools for water, wastewater, and stormwater systems"
- GIS implementation for water and wastewater treatment facilities
- Exploring water resources : GIS investigations for the earth sciences
- GIS for water resources and watershed management
- GIS applications in agriculture
- "GIS applications in agriculture Volume two, Nutrient management for energy efficiency"
- "GIS applications in agriculture. Volume three, Invasive species"
- GIS in site-specific agriculture
- Beyond the map : archaeology and spatial technologies
- The spatial humanities : GIS and the future of humanities scholarship
- Spatial technology and archaeology : the archeaological applications of GIS
- GIS-based studies in the humanities and social sciences
- Geographical information systems and landscape archaeology
- GIS tutorial for health
- GIS for health and the environment : development in the Asia-Pacific Regions
- GIS tutorial for homeland security
- GIS and spatial analysis in veterinary science
- Organizational facets of GIS
- "GIS and spatial analysis for the social sciences : coding, mapping and modeling"
- The GIS guide to public domain data
- GIS : geographic information systems for the social sciences : investigating space and place
- Mapping our world : GIS lessons for educators
- GIS and crime mapping
- Geographic information systems and crime analysis
- "Think globally, act regionally : GIS and data visualization for social science and public policy research"
- Unlocking the census with GIS
- Mapping the news : case studies in GIS and journalism
- A place in history : a guide to using GIS in historical research
- Regional and urban GIS : a decision support approach
- GIS for the urban environment
- Mapping global cities : GIS methods in urban analysis
- Urban planning and development applications of GIS
- GIS for housing and urban development
- Planning and socioeconomic applications
- GIS and evidence-based policy making
- GIS for sustainable development
- Integration of GIS and remote sensing
- Remote sensing and GIS accuracy assessment
- Intelligent positioning : GIS-GPS unification
- "Remote sensing and GIS integration : theories, methods, and applications"
- Remote sensing and GIS
- Remote sensing and geographical information system
- "Geoinformation : remote sensing, photogrammetry and geographic information systems"
Remote Sensing and GPS