In the Libraries, we recognize that teaching students how to find and engage with information critically happens in the context of learning about a subject. Library Science faculty work with instructors in a number of ways to enhance Purdue students' academic and discipline-specific information skills and ethics that are an integral part of learning:
- Assignments - design assignments that teach your students how to use information while learning course content.
- Assessment - develop information literacy assessment activities or rubrics.
- Guides and Tutorials - design class research guides and tutorials (search existing Library Guides or tutorials).
- Team Teaching – create integrated classroom-based information literacy instruction or online workshops.
- Curriculum Mapping - map where information literacy is addressed in your curriculum (to inform curriculum design or meet external review requirements).
- Research – develop research projects that evaluate the effectiveness of information literacy instruction.